Trash and Recycling collection services for Cal-Waste’s residential customers in Arnold include once-a-week scheduled curbside collection using the two-can system.
- 32-Gallon Gray Can for Trash
- 32-Gallon Blue Can for Recycling
Multiple can options are available upon request. Please call our Customer Service office at (209) 795-1532.
Recycling collection service is provided every other week on an alternating fixed schedule. Click here to view the schedule for your area.
You may also request a Collection Calendar by contacting us, and we’ll be happy to send you one via mail or email.
Please see guidelines below:
- Please keep the area in front of the bear box clear of debris and snow.
- Please be sure that trash and recycling are containerized within the bear box.
- Boxes need to be located as close to the road as reasonably possible.
- All cans must be in the bear box by 5:00 a.m. on your service day to avoid a return trip charge.
- It is necessary that all items must fall freely from your CANS. Items that do not come out of your cans will be serviced on your next scheduled service day.
- Do not place the following items in your cans: dirt, concrete, or rock, dead animals, liquids such as oil, water, gas or chemicals, hot ashes or coals, or hazardous waste.
Acceptable and Unacceptable Materials List
For a list of acceptable and unacceptable materials for Cal-Waste’s curbside recycling program, please review the list of do’s and don’ts. Household alkaline batteries (including A, AA, AAA, C, D, 6-volt and 9-volt), cell phones, smart phones, iPods and other mp3 players, and their chargers are collected in clear plastic zip-lock bags placed inside the blue recycling cart. Additionally, household batteries can be dropped off free of charge at: Red Hill Transfer Station, Gambi Disposal, Wilseyville Transfer Station, Rock Creek Solid Waste Facility, and Avery Transfer Station.
All communities in Calaveras County use a BLUE cart or can for recycling. Click here for blue cart do’s and don’ts. For a Spanish version, click here.
Additional services are available upon request, including:
Cal-Waste offers 20- and 30-cubic yard Debris Boxes for projects of all sizes. View our available sizes by visiting our Debris Boxes page, then call our knowledgeable Customer Service representative to determine your specific needs! Call (209)795-1532.
Conveniently sized at 3.5 cubic yards capacity, our Handy Haulers are the one-size, one-price solution when you have a lot more trash or yard debris than will fit in a normal weekly pickup. One low price includes delivery, removal and disposal of 3.5 cubic yards of almost anything you can fit inside.
Handy Haulers are the perfect solution for cleaning up pine needles and maintaining defensible space near your home.
Residential customers are offered curbside bulky waste pick-up at an additional cost. To schedule a pick-up, please call our office to schedule an appointment.
What’s considered Bulky Waste? Furniture, mattresses, appliances and even televisions, stereos, computers and other electronic equipment. No one item shall exceed 50 pounds.
Other Calaveras County communities served by Cal-Waste include Angels Camp, Avery, Big Trees, Blue Lake Springs, Burson, Campo Seco, Copperopolis, Forest Meadows, Jenny Lind, Lake Tulloch, Milton, Mokelumne Hill, Murphys, Railroad Flat, Rancho Calaveras, San Andreas, Toyon, Valley Springs, Wallace, West Point and Wilseyville.