Trash and Recycling collection and Yard and Garden Waste collection services for Cal-Waste’s residential customers in Rancho Murieta include once-a-week scheduled curbside collection using the three-cart system.
Carts are available in a variety of sizes, including:
- 38-Gallon Brown Cart for Trash
- 64-Gallon Brown Cart for Trash
- 96-Gallon Brown Cart for Trash
- 64-Gallon Green Cart for Recycling
- 96-Gallon Green Cart for Recycling
- 64-Gallon Gray Cart for Yard and Garden Waste
- 96-Gallon Gray Cart for Yard and Garden Waste
Cart size options are available upon request. Please call our Customer Service office at (916) 354-4154.
Recycling and Yard and Garden Waste scheduled collection service is provided every other week on an alternating fixed schedule. Click here to view the schedule for your area.
You may also request a Collection Calendar by contacting us, and we’ll be happy to send you one via mail or email.
Acceptable and Unacceptable Materials List
For a list of acceptable and unacceptable materials for Cal-Waste’s curbside recycling program, please review the list of do’s and don’ts. Household alkaline batteries (including A, AA, AAA, C, D, 6-volt and 9-volt), cell phones, smart phones, iPods and other mp3 players, and their chargers can be dropped off free of charge at Keifer Landfill – (916) 876-9458.
Additional services are available upon request, including:
Cal-Waste offers 10- to 40-cubic yard Debris Boxes for projects of all sizes. View our available sizes by visiting our Debris Boxes page, then call our knowledgeable Customer Service representative to determine your specific needs! Call (916) 354-4154.
Large Item Pick Up
(Formerly Referred to as Bulky Waste Pick Up)
Residential customers are provided four pre-arranged curbside Large Item Pickups each year. Call our office one week in advance to schedule the large item pickup on your normal collection day.
What is acceptable for a Large Item Pick Up?
- Furniture & Mattresses
- Large exercise machines
- E-waste at the end of their useful life (Computers, Televisions, VCR’s, Stereos, Copiers, Fax Machines, etc.)
- Appliances: Refrigerators, Ranges, Water Heaters, Freezers, etc.
An example of an acceptable Large Item pick up is a loveseat, side chair and a dishwasher. In most cases, three large items will make up 3.5 cubic yards.
Each collection must not exceed 6 cubic yards, and any containers with loose items must not exceed 50 pounds. Large green waste, such as tree trunks or branches, cannot exceed 2 inches in diameter, 3 feet in length or 50 pounds.
Schedule Your Online Large Item Pickup Through our FREE APP!
- Click the ••• at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Tap Schedule a Large Item Pick Up.
- Tell us what you would like to have collected.
- Choose your Large Item Pick Up Date
- You will receive a confirmation e-Mail verifying the date and details.
Items that are not acceptable in the Large Item pick up are:
- Loose Debris
- Yard Waste
- Tree Trunks
Unacceptable items are not limited to this list, so please call Customer Service with any questions at 209-369-6887 or 916-354-4154. All unacceptable items will be left behind.