The Concrete Washout System (CWS) from Cal-Waste is a watertight containment system that controls, captures and contains all of the caustic wastewater and concrete washout material from construction projects, eliminating any possibility of an illegal discharge. This system conforms to Caltrans and California Stormwater Quality Association (CASQA) Best Management Practices (BMP’s) for concrete waste and waste water management (WM8), and it is 100% Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Compliant. This proven technology is capable of holding approximately 5.5 yards of material – equivalent to 38 trucks and 2 concrete pumps or washout from 350 yards of poured concrete. All collected wastewater and concrete material is recycled.
Cal-Waste’s CWS lets workers easily wash out concrete trucks, pumps and equipment on site, while also protecting storm drain systems from potential illegal discharges. This unique system replaces outdated washout systems that rely on plastic-lined hay bales which are costly, unsightly and damaging to the environment. Due to overuse, lack of maintenance and an inherent flaw in the material it uses, the older approach simply fails to contain illegal discharges effectively.
BAT and BMP
CWS has proven itself as the Best Available Technology (BAT) and the Best Management Practice (BMP) when it comes to concrete washout and wastewater containment and recycling. Cal-Waste’s washout systems are the preferred BMP on construction sites for their ability to reduce operation costs and reduce the mess and hassles often associated with other measures.
- Cal-Waste’s Concrete Washout System is 100% Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Compliant.
- Dimensions: 12’L X 8’W X 2’H / 25′ (with ramps extended)
- Holding Capacity: 5.5 Cubic Yards (1100 Gallons) / Washout from 350 yards of poured concrete
- Features and Advantages:
- Exceeds US EPA, State EPA and Regional Guidelines
- Conforms to Caltrans and CASQA BMP’s for Concrete Waste and Waste Water Management (WM8)
- Self-Contained, Watertight and Portable Roll Off Bin Eliminates Wastewater Discharge
- Easily Accessible
- Allows Three Concrete Trucks to Washout Simultaneously
- Steel Folding Ramps Accommodate Almost All Pumps
With Cal-Waste you can satisfy your environmental compliance and eliminate any possibility of illegal discharge by using the Paint Washout System– a completely watertight system that controls, captures and contains the wash water from any water-based paint used on your construction site.
Delivery and Service
Once you’ve placed an order, a Cal-Waste Paint Washout System is delivered to your jobsite and off-loaded by Cal-Waste’s own equipment. Your new service will include vacuuming and recycling the wastewater material generated from washing operations. A grated work platform makes it easy to quickly and efficiently wash brushes, rollers, trays and other equipment, saving you time and money. The Paint Washout System container has forklift pockets which make it highly portable and maneuverable, and its large holding capacity virtually eliminates the need for any jobsite maintenance.
- Holding Capacity: 448 Gallons (Approximately)
- Grated Work Platform: 18″W X 36″L
- Dimensions: 60″L X 48″W X 36″D
- Features and Advantages:
- Portable (Forklift Ready)
- Grated Work Platform
- High Capacity
- On-Demand Service
- Minimal Maintenance
- Risk Management
For more information, please contact Cal-Waste at (209) 369-6887 or (916) 441-1985.