Download Our New App, Or Use It Here
Calaveras County’s Waste Removal and Recycling Service Provider
Cal-Waste services customers throughout Calaveras County. To learn about the services in your specific area, please call (209) 795-1532.
Trash, Recycling, and Yard and Garden Waste collection services for Cal-Waste’s residential customers in Calaveras County includes once-a-week scheduled curbside collection using a two-can system in this area of the County.
Can Service Includes:
Use of our easily navigable new app, “Cal-Waste Recycles Right”. With this app you can: view your Collection Schedule; get Collection Day Reminders by phone, text, email or push notification; and Search Our Waste Wizard to ensure you are placing your items in the correct cart. It’s available now for download in the iTunes App Store and on Google Play.
Cal-Waste Provided Equipment:
- 32-Gallon Black Can for Trash – Once a Week
- 32-Gallon Blue Can for Recycling – Every Other Week
- One Free Handy Hauler per year for Yard and Garden Waste – Once a Year
Recycling collection service is provided every other week on an alternating fixed schedule. Click here to view the schedule.
Multiple cans are available upon request.
Sign Up For Service Online
Signing up for service is easier than ever with our online store. Click the button below!
Use our online store 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to set up monthly service or order one-time services such as Handy Haulers for Greenwaste, Trash, or Construction & Demolition. Visit it today!
How To Keep Bears Wild & Your Driveway Clean: Helpful Information About Living in Bear Country
Interesting Facts About Black Bears:
- California Black Bear population has increased over the past 25 years and is estimated to be close to 40,000!
- Black Bears are most common in elevations above 3,000 Feet.
- Black Bears diet consists primarily of insects, acorns, Manzanita berries and roots.
- Bears are known to be opportunists when it comes to food. They are attracted to garbage and pet food that is not secured or left out.
- Opportunistic bears who become accustomed to eating pet food and garbage can become a nuisance.
- To learn more about California Black Bears, please visit the California Fish & Wildlife website.
How To Help Keep Black Bears Wild:
- Rinse out food containers before disposing of them in your trash or recycling cans!
- Make sure to bring leftover animal or pet food inside at night.
- Make sure bird feeders are out of reach and do not spill.
- Bagging your waste before it goes into Trash can will reduce the scent.
- Place the lid on your trash can until it snaps in place.
- Secure your Trash and Recycling cans in a metal waste box.
Acceptable and Unacceptable Materials List
For a list of acceptable and unacceptable materials for Cal-Waste’s curbside recycling program, please review the list of do’s and don’ts. Or, search materials you are unsure of in our new app. Note: Please do not place any batteries in Cal-Waste’s collection carts. Household alkaline batteries (including A, AA, AAA, C, D, 6-volt and 9-volt), cell phones, smart phones, iPods and other mp3 players, and their chargers can be dropped off free of charge at: Red Hill Transfer Station, Gambi Disposal, Wilseyville Transfer Station, Rock Creek Solid Waste Facility, and Avery Transfer Station.
Additional services are available upon request, including:
Cal-Waste offers 10- to 30-cubic yard Debris Boxes for projects of all sizes. View our available sizes by visiting our Debris Boxes page, then call our knowledgeable Customer Service representative to determine your specific needs! Call (209)795-1532.
Large Item Pick Up
Residential customers are offered curbside large item pick-up at an additional cost.
What is acceptable for a Large Item Pick Up?
- Furniture & Mattresses
- Large exercise machines
- E-waste at the end of their useful life (Computers, Televisions, VCR’s, Stereos, Copiers, Fax Machines, etc.)
- Appliances: Refrigerators, Ranges, Water Heaters, Freezers, etc.
Items that are not acceptable in the Large Item pick up are:
- Loose Debris
- Yard Waste
- Tree Trunks
Unacceptable items are not limited to this list.
Please call Customer Service at 209-795-1532 for details and to schedule your pickup.
Conveniently sized at 3.5 cubic yards capacity, our Handy Haulers are the one-size, one-price solution when you have a lot more trash or yard debris than will fit in a normal weekly pickup. One low price includes delivery, removal and disposal of 3.5 cubic yards of almost anything that you can fit inside.
Handy Haulers are the perfect solution for cleaning up pine needles and maintaining defensible space near your home.
Handy Haulers are available throughout the Ebbetts Pass Corridor from Angels Camp to Bear Valley.
The Ebbetts Pass Corridor Includes The Communities Of:
Arnold, Avery, Big Trees, Blue Lake Springs, Camp Connell and Dorrington.