Help us provide the best possible service in the City of Galt by responding to our survey. We will randomly select 10 winners from the responses to receive $50 gift cards to locally owned restaurants. (1) gift card per randomly selected winner. Survey ends April 9th, 2021, and winners will be randomly selected April 12, 2021.
Click here to take the survey.
City of Galt Q4 Newsletter
Please Visit Our Newsletter Page to Read Helpful Information About Your Waste & Recycling Service!
Trash and Recycling collection and Yard and Garden Waste collection services for Cal-Waste’s residential customers in the City of Galt includes once-a-week curbside collection using the three-cart system.
Carts are available in a variety of sizes, including:
- 38-Gallon Gray Cart for Trash – Once a Week
- 64-Gallon Gray Cart for Trash – Once a Week – *Most Popular Size*
- 96-Gallon Gray Cart for Trash – Once a Week
- 96-Gallon Blue Cart for Recycling – Every Other Week
- 96-Gallon Green Cart for Green Waste – Every Other Week
To inquire about additional cart size options available to you, please contact the City Of Galt at (209)366-7150.
Recycling and Green Waste scheduled collection services are provided every other week on an alternating fixed schedule. Click here to view the schedule for your area.
You may also request a Collection Calendar by contacting us, and we’ll be happy to send you one via mail or email.
Acceptable and Unacceptable Materials List
Additional services are available upon request, including:
The Handy Hauler is conveniently sized at 3.5 cubic yards, and now you get one free each year! The small, loose items you used to have to bag up for collection in a Large Item Pick Up will now go into the Handy Hauler.
- Green Waste
- Tree Trimmings
- Light household items such as dishes and picture frames
- Light construction debris such as scrap lumber and carpet remnants.
What is NOT acceptable is:
- Tires other than bicycle
- Electronics of any kind
- Any single item weighing more than 50 pounds
- Unacceptable items are not limited to what are listed here.
The container will be set at the curb in front of your home for up to four days, and it must remain perpendicular to the curb. Please fill it only to the top edge of the container.
If you live in a mobile home park, the Handy Hauler will be placed in your parking stall.
If you find you have more small debris than will fit into a single Handy Hauler, you can save money by paying for the unit to be emptied and left behind for as long as 10 days. Simply call our office to make arrangements and to receive pricing as this service is prepaid.
Large Item Pick Up
(Formerly Referred to as Bulky Waste Pick Up)
In addition to one Handy Hauler, each resident has available to them one free Large Item pick up each year. With 3.5 cubic yards to work with, this service is dedicated to items larger than will fit inside of the Handy Hauler including:
- Furniture & Mattresses
- Large exercise machines
- E-waste at the end of their useful life (Computers, Televisions, VCR’s, Stereos, Copiers, Fax Machines, etc.)
- Appliances: Refrigerators, Ranges, Water Heaters, Freezers, etc.
An example of an acceptable Large Item pick up is a loveseat, side chair and a dishwasher. In most cases, three large items will make up 3.5 cubic yards.
Schedule Your Online Large Item Pickup Through our FREE APP!
- Click the ••• at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Tap Schedule a Large Item Pick Up.
- Tell us what you would like to have collected.
- Choose your Large Item Pick Up Date
- You will receive a confirmation e-Mail verifying the date and details.
Items that are not acceptable in the Large Item pick up are:
- Loose Debris
- Yard Waste
- Tree Trunks
Unacceptable items are not limited to this list, so please call Customer Service with any questions at 209-369-6887. All unacceptable items will be left behind.
Cal-Waste offers 10- to 40-cubic yard Debris Boxes for projects of all sizes. View our available sizes by visiting our Debris Boxes page, then call our knowledgeable Customer Service representative to determine your specific needs! Call (209) 369-6887.